How do I follow the hackathon and get updates?
When you register for HAX, you’ll automatically be signed up to receive email updates about it. Register for our Slack channel and follow us on Twitter @XeroAPI.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the hackathon?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, post a question to the HAX discussion board or use the Slack channel.
Do I have to use AWS?
Using AWS technologies is not a requirement, however to benefit from the AWS credits you will need to use the AWS platform.
What is the best avenue for support with my project?
Our Slack channel or HAX discussion board is the best avenue.
What do I need to use to build my project?
The only requirement is that you use the Xero API.
Why do I have to upload a video?
Providing a video helps users and judges experience your app. The video will be helpful for the judges and give you the opportunity to explain your approach to designing your application. Use any video method necessary to demo your app’s features. It could be as simple as a screencast but should be of sufficient quality to get your points across to the judges.
What should I put in my video?
You should demonstrate connecting to Xero’s API, the main features of your App that utilize Xero API and AWS technology (optional). Be sure to mention the benefits of your App to end-users.
- How can I provide Xero with access to test my project?
- This depends on how your app is designed.
- If we can create our own user account a link to the signup page will suffice.
- If you create an account for use, then sharing the login credentials will work.
- If your code runs locally, a link to the github repo with README instructions is adequate.
- Please contact us on the Slack channel, if the above 3 options don’t align with your project and we’ll work with you.
Eligibility and IP
Who is eligible to enter the competition?
For eligibility please see full rules here.
We are an organisation. Can we enter?
If the project wins a prize, how will the prize money be split among the creators?
The prizes will be applied/sent to your nominated representative and associated bank details. It is up to you to share the winnings as you see fit.
Can I enter more than one project?
Do I retain intellectual property ownership?